In an EMERGENCY
Obviously I would love you to Call me 0800 246 5903
To help minimise any further water damage…
Cold water mains leak:
- Turn off the mains at the Stopcock, normally located under or near the kitchen sink, remember to turn OFF the power to a combination boiler too
- If the internal stopcock cannot be located or has seized then anyone with a water meter should be able to turn the mains off from outside by hand. Otherwise you will need a ‘Stopcock Key’ to turn the mains off
- Open cold taps
Hot water leak:
- Turn off the mains as above…
- If you have turned off the mains and DO NOT have a combination boiler (instant hot water) but have a Hot water tank in a cupboard then opening hot taps helps.
- If you have a Combination boiler, then turn it off either by the boiler or the mains feed near by.
These simple steps should help keep any damage to a minimum until things can be repaired